Monday, August 21, 2006

Pond filters gross -- hostas good


My new pond fountain attachment and filters ran well for a week. I was hoping for longer, but oh, well. Live and learn. I hosed them off on the concrete block at the top of my basement stairwell. I thought that was so clever. I used to rinse them in a huge garbage can full of pond water so as not to disturb the water's pH level when I reinstalled the cleaned filters. I don't care about the pH anymore. Goldfish are hardy. And I'm running a Darwinian garden. Survival of the fittest is the name of the game. If you can't take the pH, evolve. Well anyway, the rinsing at the top of the stairwell thing isn't so clever. All that pond water gunk runs off down the stairs and clogs the too-narrow-for-my-liking drain down there. The water eventually went down the drain. But now the bottom of the stairwell is covered with slippery pond gunk. I really should scoop that out. Maybe I'll let it dry and then try and shovel it out. Maybe I'll just leave it there and see what happens. I'll spend my time watching the restored burbling of the fountains. And the hostas are in bloom. At least they look nice.

No comments: